Drupal CMS: Embed third-party content
Learn about embedding third-party content in Drupal.
Before you start
When editing use Chrome, Firefox or Safari but NOT Internet Explorer
Important: consider any data protection obligations
If you are using an embed to capture data especially personal data you should undertake a Data Protection Impact Assessment. Find out more on the UCL data protection website: Data Protection Impact Assessment
You can now add content from the following platforms to any area that uses the text editor.
NB - the ones in bold can be used by everyone, the others are site-specific.
- YouTube - platform for videos - instructions on customizing your Twitter feed
- Mixcloud - platform for podcasts
- SlideShare - platform for showing presentations
- issuu - platform for showing publications
- Vimeo - platform for videos
- Instagram - platform for showing photographs
- Twitter - platform for posting messages
- SoundCloud - platform for music
- Flickr image / Slideshow - platform for showing photographs
- Gecko Form - Open day bookings
- Google Form
- Google Calendar
- Eventbrite - platform for events and ticketing
- MediaCentral - platform for showing UCL videos (embed using share URL) see instructions on the how to add a video page
- Microsoft Form
- Local Media
- Current Students Fee Schedules
- RPS - Research Publication Service - instructions on finding the correct URL
- Evening courses enrolment form
- MailChimp - Mailing list subscription
How to embed third-party content
- Ensure you are in editing mode
- Click where you want the embedded media to appear
- In the editing toolbar click on the Embed external widgets icon - </>
- Complete the field with the URL of the individual media item
- You will see this:
Help and support
We are continually improving our website. Please provide any feedback using the feedback form.
Please note: This form is only to provide feedback. If you require IT support please contact the IT Services Help desk. We can only respond to UCL email addresses.