Drupal CMS: Add and customise a Twitter feed
Learn to customise a Twitter feed in Drupal.
This guide is aimed at
- PG Students
Before you start
You need to be a Senior Editor, Editor or Author
When editing use Chrome, Firefox or Safari but NOT Internet Explorer
You will need the username and password for the relevant Twitter account.
- Go to the following URL link: Publish Twitter.
- Paste your Twitter URL underneath 'What would you like to embed'
- Press on the arrow pointing to the right
- Choose which type of embed you would like: embedded timeline or buttons
- If you just copy the code, you will see the whole of your Twitter feed.
To make it shorter e.g. 600 pixels, click on 'Set customization options' and put e.g.'600' under height - (height in pixels)
- Click on 'update'
- Copy the relevant code
- Go to the page where you want to embed the Twitter feed
- Click on the 'Twitter feed' icon in the editing toolbar
- Place the code in the Widget code box
- Click on 'Insert'
- The account should now be visible i.e. you can see 'Tweets by ....'
- Depending on your role:
if you are a Senior Editor: click on 'Publishing options - Draft (Current)' in the left-hand menu, choose 'published' from the drop-down menu
if you are an Editor: click on 'Revision information' in the left-hand menu, choose 'published' from the drop-down menu
if you are an Author: click on 'Revision information' in the left-hand menu, choose 'needs review' from the drop-down menu
- Finally, check in different browsers to see if you are happy with the result, including on a mobile device