Desktop@UCL for staff: How to install applications on a UCL built machine
How to install applications on a Desktop @ UCL machine using the Software Centre onsite or offsite.
This guide is aimed at
Before you start...
- Desktop @ UCL machine (laptop or PC)
- Be connected to the UCL network (either onsite or offsite)
Important: You will only be able install applications onsite using a wired connection/eduroam and offsite connected to UCL's VPN service.
- Connect to the UCL network
- If you are onsite, connect using a wired connection or eduroam Wi-Fi at UCL
- If you are offsite, connect to UCL's VPN service. The required software is already installed on your Desktop @ UCL machine. Open Cisco Anyconnect, ensure you are trying to connect to vpn.ucl.ac.uk and click Connect. Enter your UCL user ID and password and click OK.
- Go to your Start menu
- Click on Microsoft System Centre
- Click on Software Centre
- A list of available software will be displayed (Fig.1)
Fig 1 – Available applications in the Software Centre
- Find and click on the application you want to install
- Click on Install (Fig.2)
Fig 2 – Install button in Software Centre
- Click on the installation status tab. The application status should read "Installed" when complete
Please note: Some apps may fail to download due to licence restrictions. If this happens, you will need to request access from the ISD IT Supplier and Asset Management Team.
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact the IT Services.