Connecting to the UCL VPN with Mac OS X
This guide explains how to connect to the UCL Virtual Private Network (VPN) which will enable you to access to a variety of UCL services and resources from outside of UCL.
AnyConnect client software instructions
Client software release version 4.6.03049 (server name: vpn.ucl.ac.uk )
(Note: 10.11, 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 supported only)
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
- SLMS staff
Before you start...
- A Mac computer with a network connection outside the UCL Corporate network e.g from home
- A UCL Userid and password
Your machine needs to be running an anti-virus product. Further information on obtaining these products can be found at:
- You are installing the application onto your machine/device and configuring the client entirely at your own risk and no guarantees can be made that they will work.
- When connected to the UCL Remote Access VPN Service, ALL your traffic will be sent through the UCL network, regardless of whether the destination is a UCL address or an address on the Internet.
- All users must be aware of this fact and abide by the UCL Computing Regulations and the JANET Acceptable Use Policy when connecting to the Remote Access VPN Service.