Connecting to eduroam Wi-Fi with Apple iOS (iPhone, iPad and iPod touch)
This guide explains how to connect to the eduroam Wi-Fi service for UCL staff & students using an iOS device.
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
- SLMS staff
Before you start...
- You must be aware of and abide by the UCL Computing Regulations
- You must be aware of and abide by the JANET Acceptable Use Policy
- You need your UCL user ID & password – found on the front of your registration slip and must be appended with @ucl.ac.uk for connecting to eduroam (e.g. ucxxzano @ ucl.ac.uk)
- An Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 2.0 (or higher)
The simplest and securest way to connect to eduroam is by using the eduroam Configuration Assistant Tool.
Please see Connecting to eduroam using eduroam CAT (Configuration Assistant Tool) for instructions.
- Open the Wi-Fi Networks window (from the Home screen select Settings > Wi-Fi) and select eduroam from Networks list.
- When prompted for credentials input your UCL user ID and password and tap Join (see Fig.1). Your UCL user ID must be in the format userID @ ucl.ac.uk e.g. zcxxano @ ucl.ac.uk
- You will be prompted to trust the QuoVadis Global certificate. Click Trust to connect to eduroam (see Fig. 2)
Having trouble connecting?
If you have trouble connecting or have recently changed your UCL password, perform the following before trying to connect to
- From the Home screen select Settings > General > Wi-Fi.
- Select the 'i' icon next to the eduroam network. This will display the configuration for the network.
- At the top of the screen is a Forget this Network button. Tap Forget this Network and select Forget when prompted
- You can now try connecting to eduroam again.
For further instructions please see Wi-Fi troubleshooting & known issues.
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact the IT Services.