MS Campus Agreement
Table of Contents
The purpose of this Handbook is to enable all UCL Staff to have quick and easy access to information. If and when changes are made to the Microsoft Campus Agreement, this Handbook will be updated.
The Microsoft Campus Agreement is an annual "subscription" programme (i.e. rental) for Higher Education Institutions. It enables University College London to run a number of Microsoft applications for an annual fee based on the total number of eligible Full Time Equivalent (FTE) staff in the institution.
The College has agreed to pay this annual fee and is committed to the agreement for 1 year. This agreement refers to MS Campus 3.5
The Campus Agreement was signed on Tuesday August 14th 2001 . This means that software under campus is permitted on all College owned machines and for home use for staff. There is however no provision for student use although students will be able to access the software on the Managed System (Windows Terminal Server- WTS) and we are looking at a proposal for provision on WTS from Student owned machines in Student Residences. The latter has extra cost implications.
The standard Campus Agreement enables UCL to use:
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus or Enterprise (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, Sharepoint Workspace, One Note and Communicator) - (All office products must be installed from the full Office software)
- Microsoft Office for Macintosh (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Entourage).
- Microsoft Virtual PC - (Requires Windows OS, not included).
- Windows 32/64 -bit operating system upgrade (Windows XP Pro / Windows Vista Business or Enterprise / Windows 7 Enterprise Upgrade).
- Core CALs (access rights for Windows, Exchange Std, SCCM and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server Standard).
- Project Professional with 1 Project server CAL
(PLEASE NOTE: there are no SERVER products included within Campus)
Please note: we have not included the add-on options of Visio or Visual Studio.net because of cost implications. These will have to be purchased under the Select agreement as individual licences.
International versions of Campus Agreement products can be used at no extra charge.
For availability/pricing of foreign language versions of software, please contact Software Information in Information Systems 0207 679 0652/30652.
Over time there will be new releases. Products released so far under campus since UCL signed the agreement are:
Windows XP Upgrade, Windows Vista Upgrade, Windows 7 Upgrade
Office X Mac, Office 2008 Mac, Office 2007, Office 2010
You can download the software from the software database for use on UCL machines.
CAL stands for Client Access Licence this is a kind of software licence to allow clients computers to connect to its server software and use the software's services. There are different types of CALs:
- Per Seat CAL - you need a separate CAL for each unique device (or user, if applicable) that accesses the server to avail of services such as file or print or to run Microsoft server applications.
- Per Server CAL - With Per Server licensing, a specified number of CALs are associated with a particular server. The number of devices that can legally access that server simultaneously is limited in Per Server licensing to the number of CALs purchased for that particular server.
- Per Processor CAL - Some of the server products are available Per Processor. Under the Per Processor model, you acquire a Processor License for each processor in the server on which the software is running. A Processor License includes access for an unlimited number of users to connect from either inside the local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN) or outside the firewall. You do not need to purchase additional server licenses, CALs, or Internet Connector Licenses
For more information
The Campus Agreement is a licence-only programme. You can use existing media which you currently have in your possession on the condition that you obtained these from an approved Microsoft source (e.g. Software Sales).
Manuals are also available separately you can contact Software Sales for pricing. Please contact Software Information Information Systems 0207 679 0652/30652
You are not permitted to replicate Campus software for staff home use or personal computers, please see section 10 below regarding staff home use.
Please destroy any media once you have installed the product. If you have downloaded an ISO file you can mount the file instead of burning it to disk.
It is necessary to note that the Campus Agreement does not include all Microsoft products. You need to purchase these products as before from Software Sales. We will have a select agreement with Microsoft that gives us discounted Microsoft products.
For availability/pricing, please see search for your product on the software database pages. Alternatively, please call the Software Sales on 0207 679 0652/30652 or e-mail Software Information
The annual fee paid under Campus Agreement enables you to use the most current version of the licensed products. It also covers you for any future upgrades of those products during the term of your Agreement. You can use any previous versions of this software.
The Campus Agreement allows UCL to reinstall or install an upgrade or downgrade version of any Windows operating systems on any UCL computer with an existing OEM or retail Windows operating system licence, or on an Apple Mac. Self-built PCs do not qualify unless a valid Windows licence was purchased with the hardware components. The Campus Agreement allows Mac users to install a copy of Windows on their computer using Parallels or Fusion. More detailed information on the use of Microsoft software on Macs is available here, in which the sections relating to users with Software Assurance apply.
Software from this website should not be used on a personal machine
All faculty staff in the University/College are entitled to run one copy of the Campus Agreement products for work-related purposes on a laptop or home PC that they lease/own.
A selection of Microsoft software is available for Staff home use from http://ucl.onthehub.com
You must be on the UCL payroll with a ‘Orange band’ on your ID card.
Unfortunately, the licence does not cover for Honorary or Affiliated staff.
Students can use the software on any machines, owned or leased by University College London that reside on the premises. Students are not permitted to have copies of Campus Agreement software at home.
Microsoft has a Student-specific licensing programme that enables them to purchase the following Microsoft products at preferential prices:
Office Professional (Access, Excel, FrontPage, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word)
Office Professional for Macintosh (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Windows and Windows Professional upgrades
Visual Studio Professional (Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual FoxPro, Visual J++, Visual InterDev and Microsoft Developer Network Library)
From the 1st December 2013 students will get free access to Office via UCL's Office 365.
For software pricing and to purchase please click here
In order for staff to have copies of the Campus Agreement software for home use, there is only one way that UCL has made this available:
UCL Staff who wish to purchase Microsoft Office Professional 2013 or Microsoft Operating System Windows 8.1 (not Ultimate) upgrades can do so from here https://ucl.onthehub.com
Staff can not take home media or download and install any software that is part of this agreement and the select agreement, apart from software bought from the UCL shop or with confirmation from software sales.
The recommended system requirements to use Microsoft Office can be found here
These should be found on software installation CDs supplied by Software Sales or to activate Windows 7 Enterprise please follow these instructions or to activate Office 2010 please follow these instructions. You should also be able to contact your IT manager.
As with other Microsoft licensing programmes, Microsoft does not provide technical support to users at UCL. The Information Systems Help desk can provide limited assistance for products forming part of its services and they can be contacted on ext 25000 or email Helpdesk
When the Campus 3.5 Agreement is due for renewal, UCL will have a number of options
. Renew the agreement for a further 3 years
. Convert our licences to perpetual licences via the buy-out option
. Remove the software from our computers and buy perpetual licences under the Microsoft Select or Open Licence agreements
Software Sales will keep departments updated with developments on our web site
You can obtain further information relating to the Microsoft Campus Agreement from:
Information will also be posted up on our Information Systems Site:
Code of Conduct for the use of Software under the University College London
Microsoft Campus Agreement
Under the University College London Microsoft Campus Agreement, you are hereby authorised to use a copy of the following Microsoft product(s)* for the period that University College London remains licensed:
· Microsoft Office Professional
· Microsoft Office for Macintosh
· Microsoft Project Professional
· Microsoft 32 bit Windows operating system upgrade *
*This is an upgrade CD only i.e. you must first have an operating system on your home PC/Workstation or Laptop.
The products above may require product activation. The special media will only allow for the product you purchase to be installed twice.
You are granted the right to install a single copy of the software referenced above, on a home or portable computer. This right is granted on the basis that:
1. You will ensure that all requirements of the Campus Agreement under which the University/College licenses the software will be upheld.
2. You will ensure the security of any software made available to you, and agree not to make any additional copies, or knowingly permit other individuals to do so.
3. You will only use the software for the following purposes: Teaching, Research, and Personal Educational Development.
4. You will not reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software.
5. You agree to return/delete all copies of the software referred to above, at the end of the year/period of employment/termination of Campus Agreement or when requested to do so.
6. Please note that technical support is NOT offered under this programme by Viglen or Microsoft.
In signing this Code of Conduct, I agree that University College London reserves the right to take action against any individual who violates the terms of the licensing agreement, under which the aforementioned software is made available to me.