Discover Gartner – world class IT research and advice
Gartner gives you access to:
- Spotlights – Reflecting on current client issues using a number of different perspectives.
- Special Reports – Covering underlying research themes that cut across technology or industry specific research, or providing in-depth strategic analysis of trends, industry developments, vendors, products and services.
- Published Research – Focusing on companies, products, markets, decision frameworks, tactical guidelines, case studies and strategic planning assumptions.
I'm a student
Features and benefits for you include:
- Case studies that demonstrate how to apply what you learn to real life scenarios.
- Gaining a practical understanding of how organisations re-engineer their processes to increase revenues and reduce costs.
- Understanding and keeping up to date on which technology tools are available to implement strategies.
- Preparation for interviews with IT companies.
I'm an academic / research staff member
You will be able to:
- Plan courses on the basis of what will be topical in business and IT in the next few years.
- Use the data and information to substantiate research papers
- Include the research in lectures.
I'm an IT professional
You can use Gartner's resources to:
- Better understand the value of IT to the university.
- Reduce risk in every IT related decision by following an evidence based approach.
- Rely on case studies to understand best practice.
- Use contract reviews to ensure best costings and choose the most suitable vendors for UCL.
- Gain advice on professional growth and development for you and your team.
- Understand technology and market trends/implications within the Higher Education sector.
What others in UCL think about Gartner
"Gartner offers a wealth of research about IT-related products and services. Through our new licensing arrangement with Gartner, we're now able to provide all at UCL with access to this valuable resource."
- Mike Cope, Director, Information Services Division
"Gartner research provides us with a broader and deeper insight into an increasingly complex world of enterprise technology. Gartner helps inform decisions around strategy, investment and technical implementation."
- Alan Harper, Director, IT for SLMS, SLASH & IOE