1. Cordeiro MF, Guo L, Coxon KM, Duggan D, Nizari S, Normando EM, Sensi SL, Sillito AM, Fitzke FW, Salt TE, Moss SE.
Imaging multiple phases of neurodegeneration: a novel approach to assessing cell death in vivo.
Cell Death & Disease. 2010; 1 (1): e3, 1-11.
This paper demonstrated for the first time retinal activity in vivo in Alzheimer's Disease in a transgenic model, and had widespread coverage in newspapers, television, radio and internet.
2. Guo L, Salt TE, Luong V, Wood NE, Cheung W, Maass A, Ferrari G, Russo-Marie F, Sillito
AM, Cheetham ME, Moss SE, Fitzke FW, Cordeiro MF: Targeting Amyloid-ß in glaucoma treatment. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science 2007; 104(33):13444-13449
This paper described a brand new approach to glaucoma treatment and strengthened a link between Alzheimer's and glaucoma, and was reported in Science and JAMA as being an important breakthrough.
3. Cordeiro, MF, Guo L, Luong V, Harding G, Wang W, Jones HE, Moss SE, Sillito AM & Fitzke FW. Real time imaging of single nerve cell apoptosis in retinal neurodegeneration. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science 2004; 101: 13352-13356.
This paper was awarded the Lewis Rudin Award in Glaucoma ($50,000) by the New York Academy of Medicine for the most scholarly international glaucoma publication for the year.
4. Guo L, Moss SE, Alexander RA, Ali RR, Fitzke F W & Cordeiro M F. Retinal ganglion cell apoptosis in glaucoma is related to intraocular pressure (IOP) and IOP-induced effects on extracellular matrix.Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science. 2005; 46(1):175-82.
This paper was selected as being in the Top Ten international glaucoma publications for the year by the Associated International Glaucoma Societies.
5. Cordeiro MF, Gay JA and Khaw PT. Human Anti-TGF-ß2 monoclonal antibody: a new antiscarring agent for glaucoma filtration surgery.
Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science 1999; 40: 2225-34
This paper was awarded the International Glaucoma Review Prize ($25,000) by the Associated International Glaucoma Societies for the best international glaucoma publication for the year.