We strive to provide the ideal environment for staff and students. This includes:
- A dedicated Scientific Workshop with specialist engineers who build bespoke pieces of equipment for the laboratories.
- The Joint Library (with Moorfields Eye Hospital) with the best ophthalmic book collection in the Western world.
- The Cells for Sight Stem Cell Therapy Research Unit which is a MHRA licensed state-of-the-art GMP facility is available to internal and external researchers (academic and commercial) for the manufacture of Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products.
- The Eye Pathology department which provides a full pathology service for Moorfields Eye Hospital.
- The Moorfields Biobank which is a collection of tissues donated as a resource for doctors and researchers exploring the causes of blindness and eye disease.
Hosting of lectures
In addition, we host a series of lectures by external
collaborators open to all members of staff and students and interested