UCL offers staff competitive terms, conditions and benefits. These include development opportunities, a pension, health and wellbeing support, season ticket loans, discounts and a work-life balance.
Work-life balance, health and wellbeing
Wellbeing@UCL is the five year wellbeing strategy for the whole UCL community (staff and students). The strategy was launched at the start of 2017 and includes regular activities and initiatives aimed at improving your quality of life, from yoga sessions to 10 minute mindfulness.
UCL also has policies in place to help you achieve the perfect work-life balance, including:
- Family-friendly policies and support, including parental leave
- UCL Parents and Carers Together network
- Annual leave
- More about work-life balance
Many health and wellbeing support initiatives are in place for UCL staff:
- UCL Employee Assistance Programme
- UCL Eyecare
- UCL Occupational Health and Wellbeing
- More information about health and wellbeing benefits at UCL HR
- IoN wellbeing champions: Jacky Bauer; firstname.lastname@example.org and Elizabeth Halton email@example.com and Linda Taib firstname.lastname@example.org
- IoN intranet : staff and student wellbeing (internal to UCL staff and students)
UCL staff also enjoy financial benefits and discounts on products and services, including:
UCL offers career development support for staff:
- UCL provides in-house training - these courses are often free to your department or heavily subsidised
- Short courses in Entrepreneurship - some of these are free to attend, others offer reduced rates to UCL staff
- Study Assistance Scheme - can be used to subsidise the cost to you or your department for professional qualifications
- Organisational & Staff Development Programme - through UCL HR is designed to be the main contact point for staff looking for support with their career development
- Staff networks and mentoring - get to know your colleagues, get support and share best practice by joining a staff network or mentoring scheme.
Find out more information about staff wellbeing, financal benefits, discounts, and more at the UCL HR website.