Course Directors: Dr Jeremy Rees and Dr Jonathan Martin
The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, University College London Hospitals Foundation Trust & UCL Queen Square Institute of Neurology
The need for multidisciplinary working in neuro-oncology is well established but a common theme that will be addressed is the need for better understanding between core specialties within the Neuro-oncology Multidisciplinary Team.
To address this, this course has been designed for Trainees, Consultants and Clinical Nurse Specialists in the core specialities of neuro-oncology – Neurology, Neurosurgery, Clinical Oncology, Neuroradiology, Neuropathology and Palliative Care.
The Aims of the Course are:
- To introduce the basic principles and recent advances in Neuro-oncological treatments
- To develop a standardised approach to the diagnosis and classification of brain and spinal tumours using modern imaging, histopathology and molecular genetic techniques.
- To develop an understanding of the multidisciplinary management of patients with primary and metastatic brain and spine tumours, and other rarer tumours of the nervous system.
- To develop an understanding of the symptomatic management of the brain tumour patient with neurological symptoms, including palliative and end-of-life care and treatment related toxicity.
- To provide an opportunity for multidisciplinary discussion of common and rare cases
The course will be divided into four days throughout 2018-2019 and will be delivered by the consultant staff of the UCLH/UCL/National Hospital Neuro-oncology multidisciplinary team. There will be a series of lectures followed by an opportunity to discuss Case Presentations at the end of the day.
Feedback from the first year (2017-18)
“Presenters all excellent and easy to listen to. Thank you”
“Great range of medical disciplines to give teaching of breadth and depth of neuro-oncology”
“Very interesting lectures to a high standard”
“Very good study day. Learned a lot”
“Well received by all and long awaited”
Dates and programmes:
- 8th November 2018 Basic Principles of Neuro-Oncology
- 31st January 2019 Gliomas / TYA Tumours
- 11th April 2019 Benign & Metastatic Tumours
- 11th July 2019 Neurotoxicity, Late effects, Rehabilitation & Ethics
|Category||Early Bird Day rate||Day rate||Early Bird Full course rate||Full course rate|
|Trainees (non UK)||120||135||400||450|
|Allied professionals (physios, nurses etc)||100||120||340||400|
Special offer: Discounted Membership to the British Neuro-oncology Society for 2018/19 of £25 (normally £75) for those booking the early bird rate for all four days.
Payment via invoice is possible. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
Booking on the course
Click on the links below to book individual days.