Course Directors: Dr Jeremy Rees
The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, University College London Hospitals Foundation Trust & UCL Queen Square Institute of Neurology
The need for multidisciplinary working in neuro-oncology is well established but a common theme that will be addressed is the need for better understanding between core specialties within the Neuro-oncology Multidisciplinary Team.
To address this, this course has been designed for Trainees, Consultants and Clinical Nurse Specialists in the core specialities of neuro-oncology – Neurology, Neurosurgery, Clinical Oncology, Neuroradiology, Neuropathology and Palliative Care.
The Aims of the Course are:
- To introduce the basic principles and recent advances in Neuro-oncological treatments
- To develop a standardised approach to the diagnosis and classification of brain and spinal tumours using modern imaging, histopathology and molecular genetic techniques.
- To develop an understanding of the multidisciplinary management of patients with primary and metastatic brain and spine tumours, and other rarer tumours of the nervous system.
- To develop an understanding of the symptomatic management of the brain tumour patient with neurological symptoms, including palliative and end-of-life care and treatment related toxicity.
- To provide an opportunity for multidisciplinary discussion of common and rare cases
The course will be divided into two days throughout 2020-2021 and will be delivered by the consultant staff of the UCLH/UCL/National Hospital Neuro-oncology multidisciplinary team.
Feedback from the first two years (2017-18 & 2018-19)
“Presenters all excellent and easy to listen to. Thank you”
“Great range of medical disciplines to give teaching of breadth and depth of neuro-oncology”
“Very interesting lectures to a high standard”
“Very good study day. Learned a lot”
“Well received by all and long awaited”
Dates and programmes:
- 23rd September 2020: Principles of Neuro-oncology
- 16th June 2021:Benign and Malignant Tumours - Postponed from 13th January 2021
|Category||Day rate (online live stream)|
|Trainees (non UK)||100|
|Allied professionals (physios, nurses etc)||75|
Delegates will attend virtually on Zoom through a live stream option.
To book a place on the course visit the UCL Online Store
Payment via invoice is possible. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details