Nick is interested in how we can radically improve upper limb recovery after stroke in humans. He is clinical lead of the Queen Square Upper Limb Neurorehabilitation Program and co-director of ARM Lab.
He is co-founder of the UCLP Centre for Neurorehabilitation, Deputy Editor of Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry, Associate Editor of Neurorehabilitation and Neural Repair and co-editor Oxford Textbook of Neurorehabilitation.
For more information about Nick, the Upper Limb Neurorehabilitation service or ARMlab, follow the links
Nick's keynote speech at The Stroke Association's Annual Royal Lecture at The Science Museum - May 2019
Nick's professorial inaugural lecture at UCL Queen Square Institute of Neurology - October 2018
- Nick was the 2022 recipient of the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine (ACRM) Award of Excellence in Post-Acute Stroke Rehabilitation.
- Nick has been elected Chair of the Scientific Committee of the International Stroke Recovery and Rehabilitation Alliance
- See the beginning of Nick's interview with Emilia Clarke
- NeuroRehabilitation OnLine (N-ROL) continues at East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust supported by National Lottery funding secured by Emilia Clarke's SameYou charity
- Thanks to the J P Moulton Charitable Foundation for awarding funding to investigate novel approaches to treating the upper limb after stroke
- Results from the Queen Square Upper Limb Neuorehabilitation Programme now available
- Pushing the limits of recovery in chronic stroke survivors: User perceptions of the Queen Square Upper Limb Neurorehabilitation Programme now available
- Most recent preprints of our work now available
- Nick's Nature Reviews Neurology article on Restoring brain function after stroke
- BBC2 Horizon: My Amazing Brain - Richard's War watch here
- Nick's book review of Broken Movement (Krakauer & Carmichael) read here