Nick is interested in how we can radically improve upper limb recovery after stroke in humans. He is clinical lead of the Queen Square Upper Limb Neurorehabilitation Program and co-director of ARM Lab.
He is co-founder of the UCLP Centre for Neurorehabilitation, co-editor Oxford Textbook of Neurorehabilitation and Associate Editor of the journals Neurorehabilitation and Neural Repair and Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry.
For more information about Nick, the Upper Limb Neurorehabilitation service or ARMlab, follow the links
Nick's keynote speech at The Stroke Association's Annual Royal Lecture at The Science Museum - May 2019
Nick's professorial inaugural lecture at UCL Queen Square Institute of Neurology - October 2018
- See the beginning of Nick's interview with Emilia Clarke
- NeuroRehabilitation OnLine (N-ROL) starts at Queen Square in response to COVID-19 supported by Emilia Clarke's SameYou charity
- Thanks to the J P Moulton Charitable Foundation for awarding funding to investigate novel approaches to treating the upper limb after stroke
- Results from the Queen Square Upper Limb Neuorehabilitation Programme now available
- Pushing the limits of recovery in chronic stroke survivors: User perceptions of the Queen Square Upper Limb Neurorehabilitation Programme now available
- Most recent preprints of our work now available
- Nick's Nature Reviews Neurology article on Restoring brain function after stroke
- BBC2 Horizon: My Amazing Brain - Richard's War watch here
- Nick's book review of Broken Movement (Krakauer & Carmichael) read here