The contract for the Office of the National Director for Dementia Research ended on 30 September 2021.
Working towards greater investment & innovation in dementia research:
The office of the NIHR National Director for Dementia Research (NDDR) facilitates the Department of Health’s research response to commitments under the Government’s 2020 Dementia Challenge and the G8 Dementia Summit. Responsibilities within the office include:
- Providing international research leadership through the World Dementia Council (WDC) and contributing to the World Health Organisation's international action plan for research
- Participating in the WDC Global team on research, open science and big data, to foster and promote a culture of open science and collaborative global research into dementia
- Developing research capacity and addressing other barriers to research
- Working towards targets for research participation, and shaping the development and growth of the Join Dementia Research service
- Realising maximum value from patients, the public and their data.