Senior Academic, Research and Teaching promotions announced for 2021-22
7 July 2022
Huge congratulations to the UCL Queen Square Institute of Neurology staff who have been awarded a promotion in this year's promotions round.
Promotions are awarded to staff showing exceptional talent and commitment to UCL's mission. The success of our staff represents the huge amount of talent they share and their commitment to furthering the field of brain sciences.
We now have 7 new Professors, 4 new Principal Research Fellows, and 2 new Associate Professors
"I want to warmly congratulate all colleagues from the Institute of Neurology who have been promoted. This is a very major achievement and reflects the excellent research, teaching and citizenship of all these colleagues.” Professor Michael Hanna, Director, UCL Queen Square Institute of Neurology
The following promotions are effective from 1st October 2022.
- Dr Manjit Matharu (Brain Repair and Rehabilitation, Professor of Neurology)
- Dr Sallie Baxendale (Clinical and Experimental Epilepsy, Professor of Clinical Neuropsychology)
- Dr James Jepson (Clinical and Experimental Epilepsy, Professor of Neurogenetics)
- Dr Pedro Machado (Department of Neuromuscular Diseases, Professor of Rheumatology and Neuromuscular Diseases)
- Dr Quentin Huys-Gavric (Imaging Neuroscience, Professor of Computational Psychiatry)
- Dr Jalesh Panicker (Professor of Neurology and Uro-Neurology)
- Dr John Thornton (Professor of Clinical Magnetic Resonance Physics)
- Dr Zane Jaunmuktane (Clinical and Movement Neurosciences)
- Dr Liam Mason (Imaging Neuroscience)
Principal Research Fellows
- Dr Leonid Savchenko (Clinical and Experimental Epilepsy)
- Dr Ross Paterson (Neurodegenerative Diseases)
- Dr Aida Suarez Gonzalez (Neurodegenerative Diseases)
- Dr Marios Yiannakas (Neuroinflammation)