Senior Academic, Research and Teaching promotions announced for 2020-21
7 July 2021
Huge congratulations to the UCL Queen Square Institute of Neurology staff who have been awarded a promotion in this year's promotions round.
Promotions are awarded to staff showing exceptional talent and commitment to UCL's mission. The success of our staff represents the huge amount of talent they share and their commitment to furthering the field of brain sciences.
We now have 4 new Professors, 4 new Principal Research Fellows, and 3 new Associate Professors (Teaching)
The following promotions are effective from 1st October 2021.
- Dr Christos Proukakis (Clinical and Movement Neurosciences, Professor of Neurology and Neurogenetics);
- Dr Dominik Bach (Imaging Neuroscience, Professor of Cognitive-Computational and Clinical Neuroscience);
- Dr Vladimir Litvak (Imaging Neuroscience, Professor of Translational Neurophysiology);
- Dr Jonathan Rohrer (Neurodegenerative Diseases, Professor of Neurology).
Principal Research Fellows
- Dr Gabriele Lignani (Clinical & Experimental Epilepsy);
- Dr Rina Bandopadhyay (Clinical and Movement Neurosciences);
- Dr Christian Lambert (Imaging Neuroscience);
- Dr Rebecca Samson (Neuroinflammation).
Associate Professors (Teaching)
- Dr Amit Batla (Clinical and Movement Neurosciences);
- Dr Adam Liston (IoN Central Administration);
- Dr Tim Young (IoN Central Administration).