Please note that restrictions are not being lifted in health and care settings (including non-clinical settings). Queen Square Library will therefore be continuing to help keep everyone safe by maintaining the infection control measures already in place. Users must therefore continue to maintain 2m social distancing and wear face coverings throughout the library. The Library remains open for pre-booked study spaces and Click and Collect only.
We aim to keep Queen Square Library open with safety restrictions in place for pre-booked study space and Click and Collect. Please view full details on our Using the Library webpage. We may need to close at short notice. Any changes will be announced on our opening hours page.
These FAQs focus on our local services at Queen Square Library. For updates and more information about services and support across UCL Library Services, please check the UCL Library Services web site.
- What services are we offering onsite?
- Click and Collect book service.
- Bookable study spaces.
- Book issuing by library staff.
- General enquiries.
- Membership services - Please see the UCL Library Services webpages for information on NHS membership.
- What services are suspended until further notice?
- Group study and meetings.
- Cash payments.
- Equipment loans.
- External visitors (i.e. only UCL Library members will be allowed access).
- Self service and browsing.
- Availability of leaflets/paper-based information and freebies.
- Scissors/staplers/other stationery items.
- Items for sale.
- How will users access the Library?
- Users with space bookings / click and collect confirmations may need to phone Queen Square Library on arrival if they are unable to access via the front door of 23 Queen Square. if so, they should wait at the side door of 23 Queen Square, where they will be collected by Library staff. Users do not need to make an appointment for click and collect, but must visit during our advertised hours. NB delays may be possible subject to staff/side door availability.
- Users will be required to show their booking confirmation and UCL Library ID upon entering the library (or when they are met at the side door if required), and be wearing a face covering before they enter the building.
- Users with space bookings will be required to scan QR code poster or sign in upon entering the library.
- There will be no re-entry to the building allowed i.e. if a user leaves the building mid booking slot, then they will not be able to re-enter.
- How will users return books?
Users can return books borrowed from Queen Square Library. Users do not need to make an appointment to do this but must visit during our advertised hours. Users may need to phone Queen Square Library on arrival if they are unable to access via the front door of 23 Queen Square. If so, they should wait at the side door of 23 Queen Square, where they will be collected by Library staff.NB delays may be possible subject to staff/side door availability
- Do users have to use the Click and Collect service?
Users should not remove items from the shelves. If you wish to consult or borrow a specific book(s) then you should ask at the library desk. Library staff will fetch and issue the book(s) subject to staff availability and the amount of items requested (users requesting multiple items will be referred to Click and Collect).