Our main library services are listed below. Please also view more information about services available to different groups of users.
Access to the physical library
The Queen Square Library is open, though we do still have some Covid safety restrictions in place - please view full details on our Using the Library page. If we need to close at short notice, you will find details on our opening hours page. For updates and information about library services and support across UCL, please check the UCL Library Services web site.
The Queen Square Library can help with your enquiries, either in the Library, by post, phone or e-mail. Library staff offer advice and expertise in using our services, searching databases, locating information, and general reference enquiries. We can also refer to our specialist colleagues for advice about bibliometrics, Open Access, copyright, publishing and the like.
Library staff are not able to deal with medical queries from members of the public. Please visit, instead, our Patient Support Links, a list of over 150 neurological conditions, with associated support groups and charities.
Registered library users may borrow books from the Queen Square Library. Information about borrowing sevices is available on the UCL Library Services website. Please ask library staff if you need any assistance.
- In the Queen Square Library, loan periods are:
- Standard loan - items may be borrowed for 8 weeks and will be automatically renewed if not reserved and if your account remains active. Please note that items required by another reader may be recalled after one week.
- Short loan - items may be borrowed for 1 week and will be automatically renewed if not reserved and if your account remains actice. Short loan books have a red stripe on the spine.
- Reference books and Historical books are available for use in the Library only.
- Please return items to the Library from which you borrowed them. At the Queen Square Library, you can return books at the Library Desk, using the self service machine, or by placing the item(s) in the book bin immediately outside the Library door. This is available whenever the 23 Queen Square building is open. Returning books promptly when you have finished using helps us to ensure that they are made available as quickly as possible for other Library users. In extremis, you can return items by post to: Queen Square Library, 1st Floor, 23 Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG but please be aware that items on loan to you remain your responsibility until safely received in the library, so it is a good idea to send them by recorded delivery.
Printing, scanning and photocopying
- UCLH printer - this allows printing from the UCLH networked PCs located in the library. Please note that the library does not have a UCLH "FollowMe" printer. Information about connecting to the printer is available alongside the printer.
- UCL multi-functional device (MFD) for printing, scanning and photocopying. A black & white only Print@UCL device is available. UCL staff and students need to have a UCL ID card pre-loaded with credit to use the device (see the ISD website for charges). UCLH users wishing to use the Print@UCL device should ask at the desk for assistance.
- Copyright - users must comply with copyright regulations when printing, scanning and copying. Details are displayed next to the devices.
We can obtain items for ION staff and students and NHNN staff from a range of other libraries. There may be a charge for this service. Alternatively, users may wish to visit other libraries in the vicinity in person, we are close to the British Library, a range of other UCL libraries which hold clinical and research collections.
For more information about our training programme, please visit the training page.
For more information, please visit the literature search services page.