Our standard opening hours and any scheduled changes are listed below. As we may have to occasionally alter our opening hours at short notice, always check this page before travelling.
Standard opening hours:
Remember to check for any short-term changes below.
- Monday - 09.00-17.00.
- Tuesday - 09.00-17:00.
- Wednesday - 09:00-17.00.
- Thursday - 09.00-17.00.
- Friday - 09.00-17.00.
- Saturday - Closed.
- Sunday - Closed.
Changes to opening hours:
- 16th December 2022: 9am-12.30 and 3-5pm.
Queen Square Library will be closed between Friday 23rd December 2022 - Monday 2nd January 2023 (inclusive). Please note that all UCL Library sites will close by 17:00 on Friday 23rd December. Please see UCL Library Services website for further information.
Accessing Queen Square Library:
- Membership - the Queen Square Library remains open for UCL Library members only. For information about how to join, visit our using the Library webpage and FAQs.
- Covid restrictions - users must continue to maintain 1m social distancing and wear face coverings when moving around.
- Access to the building - if you are unable to access via the front door of the building, please phone 020 3448 4709 upon arrival at 23 Queen Square.
Accessing other UCL Libraries, study spaces and computers:
- ION students can access desktop@ucl computers in the 2 cluster rooms in 7 Queen Square.
- UCL Library members can access study spaces and computers in other UCL Libraries. For updates and information about library services across UCL, please check the UCL Library Services web site and always check the opening hours page before you travel to campus.
- UCLH staff who are UCL Library members can access UCLH computers in UCL Cruciform Hub.
- Some UCL Library sites have bookable group study and single study pods for UCL students.