The Queen Square Library works closely with the other libraries within its two parent organisations, UCL and UCLH.
- UCL Libraries - view a list of UCL library sites & access Explore, the UCL library catalogue.
- UCLH Libraries - visit the joint UCLH libraries page.
The lists below link you to various other libraries, outside the UCL and UCLH families of libraries. The list includes other useful libraries in London as well as national & international libraries. UCL staff and research postgraduates may be able to visit other libraries in person via the SCONUL scheme but PLEASE NOTE: access to other libraries varies depending upon the regulations of each individual library. Always check with each Library before your visit for opening hours and access arrangements.
Useful libraries in London
- British Library - search the BL catalogue and see information about visiting the BL.
- British Medical Association (BMA) library NB The BMA closed the Pay as You Go library membership, which we were on, on 31st March 2020 as they have decided they can no longer offer a document supply service to pay as you go library members because it is running at a loss for BMA.
- Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience Library - items at the IoP library are listed in the Kings College London library catalogue.
- The London and West Midlands Union Catalogue - search within the health libraries of London, Essex, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and the West Midlands. Also contains links to networks of other UK health libraries.
- Royal College of Nursing (RCN) libraries NB Unfortunately, due to licensing restrictions with their online platform suppliers, they can’t provide anything from their e-books. However, if the student is studying nursing or the requester is a nurse, they can access all their e-books by becoming a member.
- Royal Society of Medicine (RSM) Library - also see the RSM library catalogue.
- Use https://www.m25lib.ac.uk/m25-resources-and-activities/search-25/ to search UK universities. Where an institution is not yet using Jisc's Library Hub (see below) they have provided links directly to their catalogues on their website (click on a Member institution's name to search their library catalogue). Where they're using Library Hub you can click through using the links under 'yes' in the second column or (quicker) search on Jisc Library Hub Discover.
- Wellcome Library - including the library catalogue.
Other national & international libraries
- UK libraries - via Jisc Library Hub Discover - this service allows you to search the holdings of books and journals at the UK's copyright libraries (including the British Library) as well as most of the larger research libraries based at UK universities. The Hub replaces two previous Jisc services, COPAC and SUNCAT.
- European libraries - information about the National Libraries of Europe & their services.
- US libraries - Library of Congress listing & the National Library of Medicine.