Please note that Queen Square Library is closed until further notice due to the Covid-19 outbreak. Library staff are working from home and will continue to provide services remotely.
We continue to offer you 1:1 advice and support for your literature searching needs. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an online meeting.
For updates and more information about library services and support, please check the UCL Library Services web site.
UCL’s Provost has announced that face-to-face teaching will cease with effect from 13 March. We therefore regret to inform you that face to face sessions are not currently on offer. Please refer to UCL Library Services' online guides. We continue to offer one to one support, subject to staff availability, please contact us.
Queen Square Library offers free information skills support & training to UCL staff & students & UCLH staff, with a focus on UCL Queen Square Institute of Neurology & National Hospital for Neurology.
Your questions answered:
- What courses are available? we offer a range of bookable and pop-in training sessions. We also offer one-to-one support for literature searching (please see our literature search page for details). Training is also offered by other UCL libraries, sessions are listed on the UCL Library Services training page.
- When is the next course? View our course calendar. Please note that courses may be cancelled at short notice if not enough bookings are received.
- Where are courses held? Our courses are held in the Queen Square Library training room, 1st Floor, 23 Queen Square, unless otherwise stated. The training room holds up to 6 people; if you would like to arrange larger group sessions to be held in your Queen Square department please contact us.
- Who can attend? Any member of UCL or UCLH staff & UCL students - you must be registered as a library member to attend. Please contact us to check if you are not sure whether or not you are registered.
- How do I book a place? To book, please click the link to the calendar above, select a session and complete the online registration form. Please note that courses may be cancelled at short notice if too few bookings have been received.
- Are the courses free? Once your booking has been confirmed, the course is free.
What other types of training are available at UCL & UCLH?
Other sources of training, on topics other than library & information skills, are available for both NHS staff and for UCL staff & students, including:
- courses for NHS staff on the UCLH intranet site (NB: accessible only from NHS PCs)
- courses for NHS staff from eLearning for Healthcare - including Building the Foundations (introductory modules to help you to assess your current level of skill, ensure that you are searching for information in the right place and develop a simple search strategy) and Developing the Skills (to help you use a range of searching techniques to find relevant articles quickly and easily; to narrow and broaden your search).
- Digital skills training from UCL ISD for UCL staff & students.
- UCL Library Services' Skills in Seconds series and Getting Started guide.