The Queen Square Library has a collection of over 10,000 books. The majority of our books are in print format although some online books are available (see the ebooks page). Recently purchased books are listed on our website.
How to find a book in the Queen Square Library
- First, search Explore (the library catalogue) to find out if we have purchased the book and to locate the shelfmark.
- Our classification scheme will help you to find the topics you need.
If a book has the location 'Neurology Store' it will be an older book, kept in our local store. Please contact us to request an item from the Neurology Store. If a book has the location 'UCL Stores', it is kept in the main UCL Stores in Essex and should be requested via the Stores Service using the Store Request Form.
Borrowing a book from the Queen Square Library
Is the book available online?
- ebook collections have been bought by the NHS at a national level for NHS staff and also by the university for UCL staff & students (please note that most will require you to log in).
- many, but not all, of UCL's ebooks are listed in Explore (the library catalogue), and you can choose to limit a search to ebooks only. For those items not yet listed in the catalogue, you should visit the UCL ebooks page which provides information about the packages available.
Do you want us to the buy the book for the Library?
- We welcome suggestions about books to purchase for the Library. Please check Explore (the library catalogue) first to make sure that we don't already have the book(s) and then visit our book suggestion page. Wherever possible we will buy the books you suggest, but we are constrained by the limits of our budget. We will usually give higher priority to books that are of interest to more than one person.
Is the book held in another library?
- Search for books held by libraries outside UCL via each library's catalogue. A list of key libraries can be found via our other libraries page (including the British Library, Wellcome Library, BMA etc.)
- To request the loan of a book from another library use the Interlibrary Loans service. This service is available to registered library users based in Queen Square and Wakefield Street (including IoN staff & students, NHNN staff, and UCL staff based in Queen Square). For more information about the service see the Interlibrary Loans page. Please note that a charge is made for this service.
Books with CD-ROMs and DVDs
Some books arrive with a disc inside which can be borrowed for viewing by registered library users for the same period as the associated book. Please ask for the disc at the library desk. It is not possible to use the discs on a Library computer so you will need to have your own computer with a disc-drive.
Each disc was tested when it was received However, the lifespan of digital media is limited and software can become obsolete over time, so we cannot guarantee that the media will work. This particularly applies to older items.
|Barnes (2006)||Programming in ADA 2005||Book kept at: WA 950 BAR||Disc 85|
|Basner (2012)||Case studies in polysomnography interpretation||Book kept at: WL 108 BAS||Disc 141|
|Ben-Yishag (2011)||Handbook of holistic neuropsychological rehabilitation||Book kept at: WLM 170 BEN||Disc 140 - kept in separate box|
|Berry (2008)||A practical approach to medical image processing||Book kept at: WN 100 BER||Disc 132|
|Billo (2007)||Excel for scientists and engineers||Book kept at: WA 950 BIL||Disc 125|
|Blau (2003)||Physician's guide to the laboratory diagnosis of metabolic diseases||Book kept at: WD 200 BLA||Disc 39|
|Burns (2007)||Understanding nursing research||Book kept at: WY 20.5 BUR||Disc 113|
|Collins (2009)||Practical everyday English||Book kept at: W 20 COL||Disc 108|
|Cummings (2003)||Neuropsychiatry of Alzheimer's disease||Book kept at: WM 102 CUM||Disc 77|
|Espay (2012)||Common movement disorders pitfalls||Book kept at: WE 105 ESP||Disc 38|
|Fahn (2007)||Principles and practice of movement disorders||Book kept at: WE 105 FAH||Disc 56|
|Gates (2010)||Clinical neurology: a primer||Book kept at: WL 140 GAT||Disc 136|
|Goadsby (2005)||Chronic daily headache for clinicians||Book kept at: WL 344 GOA||Disc 4|
|Goetz (2008)||Textbook of clinical neurology||Book kept at: WL 140 GOE||Disc 92|
|Harrison (2007)||Fatigue management for people with MS||Book kept at: WL 360 HAR||Disc 120|
|Haynes (2006)||Clinical epidemiology||Book kept at: WA 900 HAY||Disc 43|
|Heimer (2008)||Anatomy of neuropsychiatry||Book kept at: WM 102 HEI||Disc 25|
|Ilg (2010)||Dynamics of visual motion processing||Book kept at: WW 105 ILG||Disc 137|
|Kalender (2011)||Computed tomography||Book kept at: WN 206 KAL||Disc 80|
|Kendall (2005)||Muscles, testing and function with posture and pain||Book kept at: WE 102 KEN||Disc 20|
|Kimura (2013)||Electrodiagnosis in diseases of nerve and muscle||Book kept at: WL 141.8 KIM||Disc 5|
|Longo (2012)||Harrison's principles of internal medicine||Book kept at: WB 115 LON||Disc 119|
|Lozano (2009)||Textbook of stereotactic and functional neurosurgery||Book kept at: WO 515 LOZ||Disc 16|
|Mai (2007)||Atlas of the human brain||Book kept at: QSN 17 MAI||Disc 124|
|McLendon (2006)||Russell & Rubinstein's pathology of tumors of the nervous system||Book kept at: QZ 200 MCL||Disc 40|
|Anon (2000)||Medical Masterclass||Book kept at: W 18 ROY||Disc 111 & 112|
|Morel (2007)||Stereotactic atlas of the human thalamus||Book kept at: QSN 17 MOR||Disc 87|
|Murphy (2008)||Janeway's immunobiology||Book kept at: QW 504 MUR||Disc 135|
|Nicholl (2003)||Clinical neurology||Standalone disc (no book)||Disc 18 - kept in separate box|
|Norusis (2008)||SPSS statistics 17.0: statistical procedures companion||Book kept at: WA 950 NOR||Disc 130|
|Norusis (2008)||SPSS statistics 17.0: advanced statistical procedures companion||Book kept at: WA 950 NOR||Disc 131|
|Norusis (2008)||SPSS statistics 17.0: guide to data analysis||Book kept at: WA 950 NOR||Disc 129|
|Panayiotopoulos (2005)||The epilepsies||Book kept at: WL 385 PAN||Disc 83|
|Perkin (1995)||Atlas of clinical neurology||Standalong disc (no book)||Disc 17 - kept in separate box|
|Polit (2008)||Nursing research||Book kept at: WY 20.5 POL||Disc 86|
|Rosenberg (2009)||Atlas of clinical neurology||Book kept at: WL 140 ROS (oversize)||Disc 134|
|Sawle (1999)||Movement disorders in clinical practice||Book kept at: WE 105 SAW||Disc 27 & 34|
|Schapira (2007)||Neurology & clinical neuroscience||Book kept at: WL 140 SCH||Disc 75 & 76|
|Schmahmann (2000)||MRI atlas of the human cerebellum||Book kept at: QTN 230 SCH||Disc 33|
|Semmlow (2008)||Biosignal & medical image processing||Book kept at: WN 180 SEM||Disc 36 & 61|
|Shaibani (2014)||A video atlas of neuromuscular disorders||Book kept at: WE 550 SHA||Disc 30 & 31|
|Siegel (2006)||Basic neurochemistry||Book kept at: QU 4 SIE||Disc 55|
|Syrimis (2006)||Clinical examinations 5: peripheral nervous system examination||Standalone disc (no book)||Disc 138 - kept in separate box|
|Syrimis (2006)||Clinical examination 6: cranial nerves examination||Standalone disc (no book)||Disc 139 - kept in separate box|
|Taylor (2008)||Fundamentals of nursing||Book kept at: WY 100 TAY||Disc 42|
|van Drongelen (2007)||Signal processing for neuroscientists||Book kept at: WA 960 DRO||Disc 133|
|Wormald (2004)||Evidence-based ophthalmology||Book kept at: WW 140 WOR||Disc 7|