Careers Advice & Employability
As a student of the IOE you will be enrolled automatically on 'IOE Careers Support' Moodle pages where you will find information and resources tailored to IOE students. As part of this, you will receive emails keeping you up-to-date with some of the main events at UCL Careers, as well as internships, jobs, and other opportunities.
UCL Careers is here to support you no matter what stage you are at in your career journey and can also advise on exploring options for further study and funding. Services and events are available to all taught students, researchers (PhD students and postdocs) and graduates (for up to 3 years after course completion). They also work in partnership with your department to support training and events relevant to you.
- One-to-one appointments (Short Guidance, Application Advice, Interview Coaching)
- Online jobs board
- Employer-led skills sessions
- E-learning resources such as Career Essentials Online
- Exclusive internship schemes
- Employer presentations
- Mock assessment centres
- Sector-themed careers fairs
- Sector-themed weeks
- A series of resources and events for our international students
More of a reader? We also have a blog spanning topics as varied as How can learned societies and professional associations help my career planning to 5 career lessons from our favourite TV shows and we update it weekly!
You can keep up to date with UCL Careers on social media:
Facebook: UCL Careers
YouTube: UCL Careers
UCL Careers Information on internships and placements
Be part of something bigger than yourself. Give back to your local community. Make a difference to someone's life. Overcome your fears. Boost your career. Protect the environment. Gain new skills. Build your confidence. Experience London.
Explore the many opportunities for mentoring and volunteering, here
- Students' Union Job Shop
- The Students' Union JobShop is your place to find part-time, seasonal and temporary work. Find a job today; flex it around your studies, big up your employability and earn money.