- Student submits their draft IOE ethics application form to the UCL Data Protection Team to request a data protection registration number via email to email@example.com*
- Student adds the data registration number assigned by the UCL Data Protection Team to the draft IOE ethics application form and submits the updated IOE ethics application form to their supervisor.
- The IOE draft ethics application form is reviewed by the lead supervisor and one other reviewer outside the supervisory panel.
- IOE Ethics application approved by both reviewers. If YES go to point 5. If NO go to point 6.
- The supervisor will notify the student and record any comments/decisions on the form.
Student submits the completed application form to the relevant administrator. PGR ethics forms - send to IOE.CDE@ucl.ac.uk.
- The supervisor will discuss any issues with the student and return the form to the student for revision. The IOE Research Ethics Committee can be contacted for guidance by either of the reviewers or the student at any point.
If the reviewers and the student cannot come to an agreement on the revisions needed, the reviewers should state the issues raised on the student’s application form, and then pass the details to the IOE Research Ethics Committee for consideration.
*IOE uses a devolved ethics process and students should email the data registration team with their draft ethics form (rather than using the UCL Legal Services form as required for other UCL students).
Last updated 1 March 2019