How we are maximising research impact and public engagement at the IOE and beyond.
Research Engagement and Impact Group (REIG)
Chair: Dr Lynne Rogers
The REIG is intended to support the IOE in achieving its strategic plan objectives in relation to public engagement with research and the impact of research on wider society. To this end, it will:
- provide a focal point within IOE for sharing information about public policy and funder expectations and opportunities concerning research impact
- support the work of Departmental Leads for Engagement and Impact through discussion of ideas and dilemmas concerning the development of impact within IOE
- develop and promote specific academic expectations for appropriate public engagement and impact activity, before, during and after particular research initiatives
- inform and encourage the development of IOE’s infrastructure to support research impact expectations
- share and celebrate successful practices in maximising research impact and public engagement
- support preparations for future Research Excellence Framework submissions, including the systematic development of high-quality impact case studies and texts on IOE’s provision as required
- work within the Research Strategy and report through the Research Committee to the Pro-Director: Research and Development (Professor Alison Fuller)
- actively liaise with the UCL Research Impact Curation and Support Team (Office of the Vice-Provost for Research, OVPR).