New Year Honours 2017: IOE academics awarded OBE and MBE
4 January 2017
Professor Claire Callender has been awarded an OBE and Dr Nicola Wetherall an MBE in the New Year Honours 2017.
Professor Callender is Deputy Director of the UCL Institute of Education's (IOE) Centre for Global Higher Education (CGHE). Her OBE recognises her services to education. Professor Callender leads CGHE's social and economic impact of higher education research programme. Her research focuses particularly on student finances and related issues, such as the effects of tuition debt on graduate financial and life decisions.
Dr Wetherall is a key member of the Centre for Holocaust Education (CHE) and also works part-time at the Royal Wootton Bassett Academy (RWBA) in Wiltshire. Her MBE recognises her services to Holocaust Education, Genocide Prevention and Human Rights Education.
The New Year Honours list recognises over 120 people for their contribution to education, children's services and equality and diversity.
- Read the full Honours list on GOV.UK
- Centre for Global Higher Education (CGHE)
- Centre for Holocaust Education (CHE)
- Professor Claire Callender's OBE: CGHE news story
- Dr Nicola Wetherall's MBE: CHE news story
- Her Majesty the Queen (courtesy of The Co-op Group via Flickr).