Showcasing cutting-edge research and expertise at the IOE.
Our series of professorial public lectures provides an opportunity to celebrate and share the expertise of our professors.
Each lecture is free and open to everyone - staff, students and members of the public.
- Teachers and teaching: the politics of respect (Professor Martin Mills)
- Understanding the social and cultural bases of Brexit (Professor Tak Wing Chan)
- The PISA results are coming! But should the findings be trusted? (Professor John Jerrim)
- Inequalities in education and society: the home, the school and the power of reading (Professor Alice Sullivan)
- Identities, inequalities, education: sociology for social justice with youth in (and out) of school (Professor Louise Archer)
- Global learning and skills for global social change (Professor Douglas Bourn)
- Research on inequality: the long roots of childhood, informing policies, and generational change (Professor Alissa Goodman)
- Knowledge in education: Why philosophy matters (Professor Jan Derry)
- Responding to children in the 21st century: education, social pedagogy and belonging (Professor Claire Cameron)
- Higher education as self-formation (Professor Simon Marginson)
- The problem of education and development in sub-Saharan Africa (Professor Moses Oketch)