Primary teachers’ experiences of inspection: Beyond Ofsted inquiry findings
21 March 2024, 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
Join this event to hear speakers present data from the primary-based participants in the 2023 Beyond Ofsted inquiry to explore the particularities of the inspection experience for primary teachers and leaders.
This event is free.
Helen Hamlyn Centre for Pedagogy
Ofsted has come under increased scrutiny in the last year in the wake of the tragic death of primary headteacher Ruth Perry. The Beyond Ofsted Inquiry (funded by NEU) surveyed key stakeholders’ views of Ofsted and the potential for reform, involving focus groups with teachers, headteachers, governors and parents.
In this seminar, speakers will present data exploring the inspection experience for primary teachers and leaders, and will conclude with an outline of the recommended model for a new inspection system and its benefits for primary schools.
- Dominic Wyse, Professor of Early Childhood and Primary Education and Founding Director of the Helen Hamlyn Centre for Pedagogy (0 – 11 Years) (HHCP)
- Alice Bradbury, Professor of Sociology of Education and Co-Director of the HHCP
- Graham Calvert, Honorary Postdoctoral Fellow, IOE
- Katie Kilian, Doctoral Candidate, IOE
- Jane Perryman, Professor of Sociology of Education, IOE
This online event will be particularly useful for researchers, policymakers, practitioners, teachers and trainee teachers.