VIRTUAL EVENT: Supporting early language and communication: reviewing the evidence
27 May 2021, 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
This webinar will discuss findings from a project on pedagogical approaches to supporting early language and communication.
This event is free.
The speakers will share the findings of a joint project ‘Manor Park Talks’ on an evidence-based early years professional development intervention implemented in early years settings in Newham, London.
The seminar will present the participatory approach taken to engage with stakeholders in the setting (from inception to completion) to focus and translate the research evidence to practice, leading to the development and implementation of a practice poster and toolkit.
The project was funded by the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF). A systematic review of the literature was conducted in partnership with Newham Nursery schools. A consideration of the best ways to translate evidence to practice will be explored.
- Dr Sinéad Harmey, Lecturer in Literacy Education and National Leader for Reading, UCL Institute of Education
- Professor Lynn Ang, Professor of Early Childhood, UCL Institute of Education
- Dr Julian Grenier (Sheringham Nursery School and Children’s Centre)
DLL seminar series
The Department of Learning and Leadership (DLL) hosts a research seminar series where invited speakers present work relevant to the department’s areas of expertise.
- Watch the webinar
- Research seminar series
- International Literacy Centre
- Department of Learning and Leadership
Image: Sarah-Jane Gregori for UCL Institute of Education