VIRTUAL EVENT: Contesting neoliberalism in global early childhood education
21 June 2021, 12:00 pm–1:30 pm
In this webinar, we invite international scholars from the global north and south to illuminate how neoliberalism manifests and shapes early childhood education (ECE) in different social, cultural and political contexts.
This event is free.
Centre for Teacher and Early Years Education
Watch the webinar
Reflecting on its hegemony, our speakers explore possibilities for resisting, refusing, and contesting neoliberalism in post-pandemic contexts of ECE.
The following questions will be discussed in this seminar:
- How does neoliberalism manifest and shape ECE in different contexts across the globe?
- What are the challenges that ECE faces under the regime of neoliberalism in various societies?
- What opportunities are possible in a post COVID-19 era to contest neoliberalism for social justice and equity in global ECE?
- Dr Vina Adriany, Head, Centre for Gender and Childhood Studies, Indonesia University of Education, Indonesia
- Professor Michael A. Peters, Distinguished Professor, Beijing Normal University, China
- Dr Guy Roberts-Holmes, Associate Professor in Early Childhood Education, UCL Institute of Education, UK
- Chair: Dr Yuwei Xu, Research Fellow, Centre for Teacher and Early Years Education, UCL Institute of Education, UK.
Image: cottonbro via Pexels