VIRTUAL EVENT: Close-to-practice research: a collaboration with London's Science Museum
24 February 2021, 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
This webinar explores how to bring together education researchers and practitioners to maximise the impact of research on practice and improve outcomes for children.
This event is free.
Dominic and Yana will provide a concise overview of their project, including its main objectives, methodology, and key findings.
They will discuss the issues they encountered, focusing on the challenges involved in bringing academic and practitioner sides of research together.
Some challenges include:
- recognising the differences in the ways researchers and practitioners approach, understand, and conduct research
- discussing and agreeing on the definitions of key concepts and terms
- balancing the extent of detail and rigour of research against the demands of expediency imposed by practitioners
- communicating findings and producing research outputs in accessible ways and formats.
They will explore the lessons they learned during their experiences of conducting research jointly with practitioners, seeking to draw some common conclusions and recommendations.
DLL seminar series
The Department of Learning and Leadership (DLL) hosts a research seminar series where invited speakers present work relevant to the department’s areas of expertise.
- Watch the webinar on Mediacentral
- Research seminar series
- Helen Hamlyn Centre for Pedagogy
- Department of Learning and Leadership
Image: bongkarn thanyakij via Pexels