VIRTUAL EVENT: The Early Career Framework: guidance for schools, mentors and early career teachers
28 April 2021, 4:00 pm–5:30 pm
This webinar will present research informed guidance on the implementation of the Early Career Framework.
This event is free.
Katie Pepper, Centre for Teachers and Teaching Research (CTTR)
Following on from the publication of their three guides produced for schools, mentors and early career teachers on the Early Career Framework, experts from the UCL Institute of Education will draw on their evaluation of the ECF pilot support programmes.
They will also discuss the broader research literature and their own research and experience in supporting schools, mentors and new teachers, to offer guidance around the following questions:
- How can schools make the most of opportunities that the Early Career Framework presents?
- What steps should schools take in implementing programmes of support for Early Career Teachers?
- How can mentors and new teachers work best together to support development?
The event will consist of three short presentations lasting around 45 minutes in total, followed by opportunities to ask questions and discuss the Early Career Framework and its effective implementation.
The guidance is applicable to primary, secondary and special schools, and is not specific to any particular programme of Early Career Support.
- Early career support: pilot evaluation guides
- Centre for Teachers and Teaching Research
- Department of Curriculum, Pedagogy and Assessment
Image: Phil Meech for UCL Institute of Education