VIRTUAL EVENT: Transforming early childhood education in England: Towards a democratic education
16 September 2020, 2:00 pm–3:15 pm
This event explores the new book ‘Transforming Early Childhood in England: Towards a Democratic Education'. Join us to hear more about the book, discuss the issues it raises and feel inspired by practical examples.
This event is free.
Watch the event
Welcome and Introduction
Professor Sue Rogers (UCL Institute of Education).
Our ‘manifesto’ for transformative change
Claire Cameron (UCL Institute of Education) and Peter Moss (UCL Institute of Education).
Learning from other countries
Dr Diana Sousa (UCL Institute of Education) and Carmen Dalli (Te Herenga Waka-Victoria University of Wellington).
Sara Bonetti (Education Policy Institute), Claire Cameron, Beatrice Merrick (Early Education) and Peter Moss.
Professor Sue Rogers.
- Claire Cameron, Professor of Social Pedagogy, UCL Institute of Education (IOE)
- Peter Moss, Emeritus Professor, IOE
- Dr Diana Sousa, Senior Teaching Fellow, IOE
- Carmen Dalli, Professor of Early Childhood Education, Te Herenga Waka-Victoria University of Wellington
- Sara Bonetti, Director of Early Years, Education Policy Institute
- Beatrice Merrick, Chief Executive, Early Education
- Chair: Professor Sue Rogers, Interim Director, IOE.
- Transforming Early Childhood in England: Towards a Democratic Education (Free download available)
- Ending a pernicious split: how to get beyond childcare as a commodity to education as every child’s right (blog post by Peter Moss)
- Social Research Institute
- Thomas Coram Research Unit
Image: Life of Pixs via Pexels