VIRTUAL EVENT: Inspection across the UK
15 December 2020, 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
This research seminar will discuss the main findings of The Edge funded project comparing school inspections across the UK.
This event is free.
Dr Bernie Munoz-Chereau
Exploring and comparing the inspection regimes in the four countries of the UK is timely. Since each country has its own system, new inspection frameworks have been recently introduced in England and will be shortly in place in Wales.
We need to compare how, and under what conditions, longstanding and new inspection regimes can lead to change in England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland.
In this seminar, Dr Bernie Munoz-Chereau and Professor Melanie Ehren will discuss preliminary findings, as well as consider wider implications for research and practice.
The session will also explore:
- the theory of change for each of the four inspectorates of education in the UK
- how the inspection policy is perceived by stakeholders in each country
- the stakeholders’ views of, and experiences with inspections.
- Dr Bernie Munoz-Chereau, Senior Research Fellow in Education at the UCL Institute of Education
- Professor Melanie Ehren, Honorary Professor at the UCL Institute of Education and Professor in Educational Governance at the University of Amsterdam
DLL seminar series
The Department of Learning and Leadership (DLL) hosts a research seminar series where invited speakers present work relevant to the department’s areas of expertise.
Image: Marília Castelli via Unsplash