The Role of the Senior Science Technician in Schools and Colleges
9:00 am to 4:00 pm, 30 April 2019
This is a one-day course for school or college science technicians in charge of (or aspiring to manage) a team.
Short Courses020 7612 6325
Room: TBCUCL Institute of Education20 Bedford WayLondonWC1H 0ALUnited Kingdom
It will help you develop the skills needed to:
- share good practice
- work cohesively as a team
- identify and address any changes needed to improve practice.
It will enable you to deliver and enhance the technical service in your school or college and possibly beyond, by training others and setting up local groups.
The course covers the following:
- managing a technical service
- communication and working with others
- training others - induction programmes and appraisals
- leadership and management
- keeping up to date with developments in the field.
Who the course is for
This course is suitable for school or college science technicians who manage (or aspire to manage) a team.
You'll need to be working as a science technician in a school or college.
This course will help you to:
- enhance your leadership skills and team working
- develop skills to share good practice
- address key issues that are essential for effective performance in your role
- evaluate situations and identify any necessary changes to improve practice
- consider strategies for providing effective technical support
- develop and enhance the technical service delivered in your school or college.
The course is delivered mainly as a lecture with interactive discussion.
You'll get a certificate of attendance on completing the course.
£165 per participant.
How to book
You can book online using a credit card by clicking on the link(s) below.
If you wish to pay by invoice and the invoice to be issued to your school, you should send your full details together with a purchase order number and the contact details of your finance department (email address) to: firstname.lastname@example.org