IMPACT Pamphlet Launch: How to regulate faith schools
5:30 pm to 7:15 pm, 10 October 2018
You are cordially invited to a seminar and drinks reception to mark the launch of 'How to regulate faith schools' by Matthew Clayton, Andrew Mason, Adam Swift and Ruth Wareham.
Lecture Theatre G631-36 Gordon SquareLondonWC1H 0PYUnited Kingdom
Should the state collaborate with religious organisations in the provision of schooling? Should the state collaborate with religious organisations in the provision of schooling - and if it does, how much room is there for compromise on curriculum, pedagogy and admissions? How, if at all, should the state regulate faith-based education in the independent sector and in the home?
In this ground-breaking pamphlet, Clayton, Mason, Swift and Wareham tackle these questions head on. How to regulate faith schools is a bold, compelling and timely intervention in the public debate about faith-based education in the UK.
This event is open and free for all to attend, however booking is required.
- Professor Matthew Clayton and Dr Ruth Wareham, authors of the pamphlet
- Andrew Copson, Chief Executive of Humanists UK
- Emma Knights OBE, Chief Executive of the National Governance Association
- Lord Bhikhu Parekh, author of Rethinking Multiculturalism
- Professor Michael Hand, editor of IMPACT (Chair)