Assessment of language and literacy skills conference
9:00 am to 4:00 pm, 14 June 2018
This UCL Centre for Inclusive Education (CIE) conference explores assessment of language and literacy skills through academic research and evidence-informed practice.
Elvin HallUCL Institute of Education20 Bedford WayLondonWC1H 0ALUnited Kingdom
The conference included presentations and interactive workshops addressing such key areas as:
- Challenges of assessment
- Dynamic assessment of spelling
- Is the phonic screening check working?
- The assessment of handwriting skill
- Reading comprehension: practical strategies for assessment and intervention
- Using the Spelling and Handwriting Legibility Test
Watch talks from the conference again here
Assessing language and literacy development and difficulties: evidence from Quebec's French immersion system - Professor Rob Savage.
Challenge of assessment in the early years - Professor Julie Dockrell.
- Professor Julie Dockrell
- Professor Jane Hurry
- Gill Brackenbury
- Rosanne Esposito
- Rachel Ellman
- Professor Jonathan Solity, University of Oxford Brookes
- Professor Anna Barnett, University of Oxford Brookes
- Dr Natalie Hasson, Bangor University
- Dr Marketa Caravolas, Bangor University
Image: Deb Stgo via Flickr (CC BY 2.0)