Conference on the assessment of language and literacy skills
9:00 am to 4:00 pm, 08 September 2017
Elvin Hall, UCL Institute of Education, 20 Bedford Way, London WC1H 0AL
The UCL Centre for Inclusive Education is pleased to invite you to a conference on the topic of language and literacy skills assessment as informed by academic research and evidence-informed practice.
The conference is aimed at teachers and specialist teachers, at both primary and secondary level.
Presentations and interactive workshops will address key areas such as:
- the challenges of assessment
- dynamic assessment of spelling
- assessment to intervention for handwriting difficulties: practical strategies
- reading comprehension: practical strategies for assessment and intervention, and,
- is the phonic screening check working?
Confirmed speakers include:
- Professor Anna Barnett (Oxford Brookes)
- Gill Brackenbury, UCL Institute of Education (IOE)
- Professor Julie Dockrell (IOE)
- Rachel Ellman (IOE)
- Rosanne Esposito (IOE)
- Professor Jane Hurry (IOE)
- Professor Jonathan Solity (Oxford Brookes)
- Professor Morag Stuart (IOE)
- Dr Angela Webb (National Handwriting Association)
Tickets and registration
Early bird tickets at £137 are available until 31 July. Full price tickets are £175. SENJIT members can book tickets at a discounted rate of £95. Lunch will be included.
Email: Dean Crow at email@example.com
Tel: +44(0) 20 7612 6305
Image: John Morgan (CC BY 2.0)