Early Years and Primary Education Conference: Outstanding Teaching through the Best Evidence
9:00 am to 4:30 pm, 13 June 2016
UCL Institute of Education, 20 Bedford Way, London, WC1H 0AL
Looking for ways of developing and sustaining outstanding classroom practice?
Join us and hear about the latest breakthroughs in learning and teaching based on the best evidence arising from collaborations between internationally renowned researchers and practitioners.
Learn about examples of outstanding teaching systematically linked with the best evidence in early years and primary education.
The conference will also launch, hot off the press, A Guide to Early Years and Primary Teaching. Conference tickets include a generous discount voucher for the book and linked website.
- Inclusion and diversity: redefined perspectives
- The role of playfulness within a teaching repertoire
- Changing Behaviour from the Inside Out
- Caring and Daring: understanding child development.
- Professor Samantha Twiselton, Director of Sheffield Institute of Education.
Sam has experience in teacher education, curriculum development and language and literacy. She has been heavily involved in influencing Government policy on teacher education and was recently a member of the advisory panel for the Department for Education Carter Review of Initial Teacher Training (ITT) in England.
Full programme (PDF, 605KB)
- Amanda Ince (UCL Institute of Education)
- Cathy Burnett (Sheffield Hallam University)
- Chandrika Devarakonda (University of Chester)
- Gary Beauchamp (Cardiff Metropolitan University)
- ...and many more (PDF, 346KB)
- Watch Professor Dominic Wyse give an overview of what conference attendees can expect to gain from leading academics and practitioners.
UCL Institute of Education Student ticket/s - £35.00
Standard ticket/s - £150.00
Student + School-based tutor (coming as one) - £130.00
- UCL Institute of Education alumni - £110.00
The London Centre for Leadership in Learning (LCLL) annual lecture will be on the same day as this conference so you can attend the conference during the day and stay to attend the LCLL lecture across the road at the Royal National Hotel at 18.00. We are offering discounted combined tickets to attend both events:
- Combined ticket/s - Early Years and Primary Teaching Conference and LCLL annual lecture
Non- LCLL members and non- R&D network members: £160.00
LCLL members and R&D network members: £110.00
- Please contact Emily Knight: firstname.lastname@example.org to book combined ticket/s.
Any queries contact Emily Knight: email@example.com