Art, Design and Museology (ADM) has at any one time up to 200 students following PGCE, MA and Doctoral programmes of study.
Why study ADM at IOE?
- You will work in purpose-built studios which include a computer suite as well as photographic, ceramic and 3D construction facilities.
Access to the Monitor Gallery
- You will have access to the Monitor Gallery, our compact venue for testing exhibition and programming ideas.
- As a longstanding education institution we have developed significant, sustained collaborations with organisations that have provided opportunities for research and played host to professional placements - these include the British Museum, Tate Exchange, Design Museum, Engage, Freelands Foundation, Hackney Museum, Imperial War Museum, Victoria & Albert Museum and others.
- Specialist technicians provide invaluable support throughout the programmes of study.
- IOE's central location in Bloomsbury gives our students access to IOE's international education library, UCL's main library, and UCL's museums and collections. And there's also easy access to further arts and humanities libraries at Senate House, Birkbeck College and the School of Oriental and African Studies - all just a 5-minute walk away.
- We shape career trajectories and inform the future of education in art, design and museology. A significant number of former students hold strategic positions in art colleges, schools, galleries, museums and other cultural organisations, in London, nationally and internationally.
- Every year we welcome international students who have contributed to our programmes by bringing global perspectives, methodologies, and knowledge to strengthen cultural understanding.