Our research in early childhood education and care has been highly influential over many years.
We carry out studies of the characteristics and conditions of the early childhood workforce, their competences and experiences of early childhood settings, children and their perspectives, and parents' perspectives on early childhood services.
We also carry out policy analyses and bring critical perspectives to bear, to stimulate debate in the field.
- Practitioner wellbeing and the physical environment in early childhood education and care settings (2020-21)
- Families in Tower Hamlets: impacts of COVID-19 (2020-21)
- Private sector childcare in England (2019-20)
- Consultancy for London Early Years Foundation (2018)
- Editing and writing chapters for SAGE Handbook of Early Childhood Policy (2017)
- PhD study of Men working in Early Childhood Education and Care settings in Ireland Systematic review of continuing professional development in early childhood (2016)
- Research and practice seminar: Alternative Perspectives and new debates in Early Childhood Education
- Care Research and practice seminar: Finnish early childhood education & care and parental leave policies
- Provision and use of preschool childcare in Britain (2012-15)