This seminar group is designed for research students and staff to explore their work around feminism, gender and sexuality.
The group meets informally about three times a term - at each session a speaker is invited to reflect upon their ideas as they develop, and to use the discussion space for the exploration of their own questions.
Session topics located within diverse disciplines are encouraged.
No seminars scheduled at present. For more information email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
10 October 2019
- We are Movers: Participatory methods and institutional activism - Hanna Retallack (UCL), Rachel Benchekroun, Bahati Dan, Debby Kareem and Claudia Lapping
14 November 2019
- Unveiling the mixed messages surrounding the presentation of significant women in primary history teaching resources - Anne Heavey (UCL Institute of Education)
12 December 2019
- Understanding the role of gender actors in building and sustaining gender equality in education: notes from a pilot study in Uganda - Freya Johnson Ross (UCL Institute of Education)
29 November 2018
- Community, citizenship and cohesion: schools and the promotion of fundamental British values - Professor Carol Vincent (UCL Institute of Education), Dr Reza Gholami (University of Birmingham) and Jonathan James (UCL Institute of Education)
31 May 2018
- Ignorance, hysteria and political agency - Mohamed Elshirazy (UCL Institute of Education)
21 June 2018
- 'Feminism is not self-identical': temporality, tradition and the residue of the radical in feminist subjectivities and feminist pedagogy - Claudia Lapping (UCL Institute of Education), Hanna Retallack (UCL Institute of Education) and Zoe Charalambous (Anatolia College, Thessaloniki)
To join the seminar series mailing list please contact Jenny Parkes at email@example.com