The School Direct (Tuition Fee) route is a programme awarding Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) and Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
This programme is school-led, rather than university-led, meaning that you can choose a school or group of schools to work with by applying directly via UCAS to the school or alliance.
Your school or alliance will arrange both the school placements that form part of the programme, in addition to your study at the UCL Institute of Education (IOE).
You will spend two-thirds of your time (120 days) in school and 60 days at the IOE.
The programme consists of three core modules:
- two Master’s-level (level 7) modules, which are assessed through written assignments (and presentation - Primary only), and
- the Professional Practice module, which is assessed by the observation of practical teaching in placement schools.
Master’s level credits can often be carried forward onto full Master’s programmes at the IOE - check individual Graduate Taught programmes for requirements.
Partners offering the Tuition Fee route 2019-20
Primary Tuition Fee route
- Camden Primary Partnership Teaching School Alliance
- Elmhurst Teaching School Alliance
- Loughborough Teaching Alliance
- Swiss Cottage Teaching School Alliance
- Endeavour Teaching School Alliance
Secondary Tuition Fee route
- Academies Enterprise Trust
- North London New River Teaching Alliance
- Beal High School (NELTA)
- Bexley Teaching School Alliance
- Brent Teaching School Alliance
- Kingston School Direct
- Angel Islington Teaching School Alliance
- New Wave Federation
- West London Teaching School Alliance
- Seven Kings Teaching School Alliance
- Southfields Academy
- Agnus Dei Teaching School Alliance
- The Compton School
- Teach Wimbledon
- Valentines High School
- Waltham Forest Teaching School Alliance