The Quality Mark is under development in 2017-18 so currently we are not taking new registrations.
The Excellence in Literacy Quality Mark from the UCL Institute of Education is designed to help schools improve the quality of literacy provision and literacy outcomes for all children.
The quality mark self-evaluation framework is responsive to the character and individuality of schools in different contexts, whilst illustrating aspects of practice common to successful schools.
The quality mark offers school leaders:
• help to evaluate literacy provision for all children and in particular to review provision for those children struggling to develop literacy skills at the normal rate
• a self-evaluation tool and an award process that will support communication with stakeholders and inspectors about effective provision mapping
• access to evidence-based programmes and case studies to support effective literacy practice
• membership of a national online community to share practice, systems and professional development in literacy provision
• an auditing system which can be applied to other areas of school development.