UCL Grand Challenge of Intercultural Interaction
Click below to share this pageTweet
- Grand Challenges UCL 2034 Grants
- Report: Minds of Caste discussion
- Watch Minds of Caste discussion
- 2015-16 Small Grant Winners
- Marking 150 years of the UCL (UK)-Japan relationship
- Contemporary India – A challenge to the Idea of India: discussion report from Caroline Selai
- UCL researchers: Why contribute to The Conversation?
- Building Virtual Transcontinental Student Links supported via Grand Challenges Student Fund
Crime and the Humanities
A Symposium on Crime, Criminal Law and the Humanities:
Hosted by the Faculty of Arts and Humanities and the Jill Dando Institute of Security and Crime Science
Crime has always loomed large in our imagination, inspiring writers from Robert Browning, Dostoevsky to PD James. We fear crime increasingly as a society and struggle to find a balance between security, both personal and national, and human rights. This symposium will examine the ways in which specialists in arts and humanities, law, mental health and crime science can collaborate on a better understanding of the impact of crime on individuals and society.
Date: 23 June 2010, 1:00 pm
Venue: SSEES, 16 Taviton Street, WC1H 0BW, Rooms 431/2
- Criminal Law and Human Rights
Professor Ian DennisProfessor of English Law, Faculty of Law
- Poisonous Ideas: Facts and Fictions about Women and Crime in GermanyProfessor Susanne Kord, Department of German
- Crime and the Justification of Punishment
Professor Jonathan Wolff, Department of Philosophy
- Crime Science and why do we need it?
Gloria Laycock, Director, Jill Dando Institute
- Crime, business and the role of the humanities
Maurice Biriotti, SHM Consultants
For security purposes you must register; places are limited and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
To register contact Mrs. Tessa Rickards. A full programme will be sent on registration.
For further details contact Dr. Berry Chevasco, Coordinator for Humanities for Business, Faculty of Arts and Humanities, UCL.
Page last modified on 31 jan 12 12:13