We will not be offering Open Studentships in 2023/24.
The i4health CDT aims to recruit outstanding students to undertake fully-funded PhD studentships at UCL.
Closing date: Friday 26th May 2023
Interview dates: Tuesday 13th June and Wednesday 14th June 2023
|Studentship Value||Home fees, Stipend (at least the UCL minimum), a generous Research Training Support Grant|
|Eligible Fee Status||Home fee payers only. Overseas applicants should see our Overseas Scholarships.|
|Route||MRes Medical Imaging + MPhil/PhD Medical Imaging|
|Mode of Study||Full-time / Part-time|
Students recruited via this route will be able to submit a research project from a pool of proposals from our academic staff. The projects currently being undertaken in the i4health CDT can be viewed here (see ‘Related Projects’ tab).
- Applicants are expected to have achieved (or are predicted) a first-class or upper second-class honours undergraduate degree (or equivalent international qualifications or experience). An MSc is also preferred, though not essential.
- Our preferred subject areas are Physical Sciences (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics and Physics). Applicants with degrees in Chemistry or Life Sciences are welcome but applicants must be able to demonstrate strong mathematical skills.
- Applicants should have a demonstrated interest in medical imaging.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English by UCL. Further details can be found here.
Those eligible to pay home fees are as follows:
- UK nationals provided they meet residency requirements
- EU nationals with settled status
- EU nationals with pre-settled status are eligible provided they meet residency requirements
- Irish nationals living in UK or Ireland
- Those who have indefinite leave to remain or enter
Residency requirements for UK nationals:
- Living in the EEA or Switzerland on 31-Dec-2020 and lived in UK, EEA, Switzerland, or Gibraltar for at least 3 years immediately before the studentship begins
- Lived continuously in UK, EEA, Switzerland, or Gibraltar between 31-Dec-2020 and the start of the studentship
Residency requirements for EU, EEA, or Swiss nationals with pre-settled status:
- Living in UK by 31-Dec-2020 (a requirement to receive pre-settled status)
- Living in UK, EEA, Switzerland, or Gibraltar for at least 3 years immediately before the studentship begins
If you do not qualify for home-fees you will be categorised as an international student and therefore will pay overseas fees. You can view our Overseas Scholarships here.
Further guidance relating to UKRI funding eligibility found here.
- Complete online application form by accessing the UCL application portal and apply under the programme title: MRes Medical Imaging: TMRMEISING01. Type ‘Open Studentships’ in the Name of Award 1 field on your application to ensure your application is considered.
- Include a CV and all transcripts relevant to your previous study.
- Please include two references in support of your application.
If selected for the shortlist, you will be asked to attend one of our interview days. The format of will consist of a 40-minute panel-based interview and include a 10-minute power point presentation.
If you do not hear from us within 30 days of the deadline unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for interview and we will not be considering your application further.