Applications for Open Studentships starting September 2022 are now OPEN. Closing date: Tuesday 30th November 2021.
The EPSRC CDT in Intelligent, Integrated Imaging In Healthcare (i4health) accepts applications from those who wish to receive a funded scholarship and those who already have a funded scholarship from another source. Information about the funding available is given below for guidance only. For your eligibility to be assessed, you must complete an application to UCL.
In all cases, our entry requirements below must be met in order for your application to be considered by the board.
The i4Health CDT has 2 application routes:
- Open studentships
Open studentships are funded by the EPSRC. Successful applicants offered an open studentship will meet the EPSRC funding criteria detailed below. Students recruited via this route will be able to select a MRes project from a pool of available projects. Further details about the structure of the MRes and following years can be found on our Programme page. To apply via the Open studentship route please access the UCL application portal and apply under the programme title: MRes Medical Imaging: TMRMEISING01.
Home Fee Applications Closing Date: 30th November 2021. Early application is encouraged. See below regarding overseas applicants.
- Named funded studentships
Advertised projects available with a named projects can include the MRes year or may be PhD only this can be dependent on the funding available and the background of the recruited student. Please refer the named project adverts on our Named funded research projects page for details of how to apply. Each individual project has its own closing date.
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Have achieved (or are predicted) a first class or upper second class honours undergraduate degree (or equivalent international qualifications or experience). An MSc is also preferred, though not essential.
- Our preferred subject areas are Physical Sciences (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics and Physics). Applicants with degrees in Chemistry or Life Sciences are welcome but applicants must be able to demonstrate strong mathematical skills.
- Applicants should have a demonstrated interest in medical imaging.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English by UCL. Further details can be found on the following UCL web page
If you meet these requirements you can apply through one of the approved routes as outlined below.
The EPSRC CDT in in Intelligent, Integrated Imaging In Healthcare (i4health) accepts applications from:
- Those who wish to receive a funded scholarship
- Those whom already have a funded scholarship from another source (please provide details as additional document during the application process)
Please note that the EPSRC funding available supports Home students or EU nationals who have obtained ‘settled’ or ‘pre-settled status’ via the EU Settlement Scheme Please refer to the UCL website for further details about the EU Settlement Scheme. Confirmation of settlement status will be required at the point of application and should be provided as an additional document during the application process.
Further guidance relating to UKRI funding eligibility found here.
International students (Overseas Fee Payers) & EU students who do not meet the EPSRC criteria.
Overseas Fee Payers and EU applicants who do not meet the residency criteria for home fee status are encouraged to apply for the following doctoral scholarships:
Applicants must identify a supervisor and sought their support for the GRS / ORS/ CSC application. Confirmation of your supporting supervisor and intent to apply for one of the scholarships above must be stated in your application.
Once a supervisor has agreed to support your application, they will formally submit all your documents to an internal portal for consideration.
Please submit your UCL application by Friday 14th January 2022 via the UCL application portal under the programme title: Research Degree: Medical Imaging (RRDMEISING01).
We will make an offer on Portico to those who are shortlisted. Applicants should be available on Friday 28th January 2022 in case they are called for interview.
Please note that we will only respond to applicants who have been successfully shortlisted.