Qualys BrowserCheck will perform a security analysis of your browser and its plugins to identify any security issues.
System configuration guidelines
- Apple Mac OS X 10.6 'Snow Leopard' - http://www.nsa.gov/ia/_files/factsheets/macosx_10_6_hardeningtips.pdf
- Microsoft Supported Products List: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/allproducts
- Microsoft Windows 10 Specifications - https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/windows-10-specifications
- Microsoft Windows 10 and Privacy - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/windows-privacy-faq
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 - http://www.nsa.gov/ia/_files/os/redhat/NSA_RHEL_5_GUIDE_v4.2.pdf
The Center for Internet Security has written security benchmarks for various products and operating systems. Please note that to download these you need to answer 3 multiple choice questions, the personal information is optional only.
SSH rate limiting:
Vendor security information and Vulnerabilities
Ubuntu - http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/
Debian - http://www.debian.org/security/
BugTraq and other lists
A useful archive of security-related lists and vendor notices can be found at: