Professor Richard Milne
Director of Teaching
Professor Richard Milne leads infection and immunity teaching at UCL. Visit our study pages to read about the research-informed teaching programmes and modules that the Division hosts.
- Sumner RP, Thorne LG, Fink DL, Khan H, Milne RS, Towers GJ. Are Evolution and the Intracellular Innate Immune System Key Determinants in HIV Transmission? Front Immunol. 2017;8:1246
- Aldridge RW, Mattes FM, Rolando N, Rolles K, Smith C, Shirling G, Atkinson C, Burroughs AK, Milne RS, Emery VC, Griffiths PD. Effects of donor/recipient human leukocyte antigen mismatch on human cytomegalovirus replication following liver transplantation. Transpl Infect Dis. 2015;17:25-32
- Blondeau C, Pelchen-Matthews A, Mlcochova P, Marsh M, Milne RS, Towers GJ. Tetherin restricts herpes simplex virus 1 and is antagonized by glycoprotein M. J Virol. 2013;87:13124-33
- Atabani SF, Smith C, Atkinson C, Aldridge RW, Rodriguez-Perálvarez M, Rolando N, Harber M, Jones G, O'Riordan A, Burroughs AK, Thorburn D, O'Beirne J, Milne RS, Emery VC, Griffiths PD. Cytomegalovirus replication kinetics in solid organ transplant recipients managed by preemptive therapy. Am J Transplant. 2012;12:2457-64
- Marashi SM, Raeiszadeh M, Enright V, Tahami F, Workman S, Chee R, Webster AD, Milne RS, Emery VC. Influence of cytomegalovirus infection on immune cell phenotypes in patients with common variable immunodeficiency. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2012;129:1349-1356.e3
- Marashi SM, Raeiszadeh M, Workman S, Rahbar A, Soderberg-Naucler C, Klenerman P, Chee R, Webster AD, Milne RS, Emery VC. Inflammation in common variable immunodeficiency is associated with a distinct CD8(+) response to cytomegalovirus. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2011;127:1385-93.e4
- Griffiths PD, Stanton A, McCarrell E, Smith C, Osman M, Harber M, Davenport A, Jones G, Wheeler DC, O'Beirne J, Thorburn D, Patch D, Atkinson CE, Pichon S, Sweny P, Lanzman M, Woodford E, Rothwell E, Old N, Kinyanjui R, Haque T, Atabani S, Luck S, Prideaux S, Milne RS, Emery VC, Burroughs AK. Cytomegalovirus glycoprotein-B vaccine with MF59 adjuvant in transplant recipients: a phase 2 randomised placebo-controlled trial. Lancet. 2011;377:1256-63
- Griffiths PD, Milne RS. Intracellular neutralisation of adenovirus by antibody. Rev Med Virol. 2011;21:1-2
- Lagos D, Pollara G, Henderson S, Gratrix F, Fabani M, Milne RS, Gotch F, Boshoff C. miR-132 regulates antiviral innate immunity through suppression of the p300 transcriptional co-activator. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:513-9
- Stiles KM, Milne RS, Cohen GH, Eisenberg RJ, Krummenacher C. The herpes simplex virus receptor nectin-1 is down-regulated after trans-interaction with glycoprotein D. Virology. 2008;373:98-111.