Individual Cognitive Stimulation Therapy offers mental stimulation activities which enhance the relationship quality of people with dementia and their carers and carers' quality of life.
Upcoming iCST Dementia Training Course
The iCST Dementia Training programme aims to translate theories and research evidence into clinical practice and enable learners to deliver iCST in a standardise and person-centred way.
- An introduction of iCST dementia intervention
- Learn about the theories of mental stimulation and carer involvement in cognition-based interventions
- Learn how iCST was developed, evaluated and the iCST trial results
- Learn how to apply the key principles of iCST
- Familiarise with the themese inth iCST sessions
- Learn techniques and practice effective communication skills
- Learn to delivery iCST and train the family carer at the set-up visit
- Develop problem-solving strategies to deliver iCST sessions
- Understand the theories of mental stimulation and carers' involvement in cognition-based interventions.
- Understand how iCST was designed, developed and evaluated.
- Understand how to apply the iCST key principles and techniques.
- Be able to deliver iCST to the person with dementia and train the family carer individually at an iCST setup visit.
iCST dementia training is suitable for carers of people living with dementia, healthcare professionals and anyone with an interest in the carer-delivered iCST for people with dementia.
INDIVIDUAL COGNITIVE STIMULATION (ICST) THERAPY DEMENTIA ONLINE TRAINING
One-day iCST dementia online training is on TUESDAY 13th July 2021 from 10.00-16.30 (UK GMT)
with Dr Phuong Leung
For further information about iCST dementia training
please visit https://www.icstdementiatraining.co.uk